Didn't find an answer? Send us a message

Do I need to have licenses / own the copyright for my release?

Yes. It is vital that you own the rights or have the correct licenses to any material you didn't create yourself that appears on any release that you publish via Record Union. If you want to use copyrighted material you will need approval from the copyright owner and if you want to use samples you will need to acquire licenses for commercial use where necessary.

Without these, your music can't be distributed.

If you want to release a cover song please click here for more information.

Was this article helpful?